Due to storage restrictions, Grandview Children’s Centre is only able to accept a very limited amount of donated items.
We will accept:
- adapted toys
We are not able to accept:
- bath equipment
- adapted strollers
If you have equipment that you think another family could use, feel free to create your own flyer (include a picture and description of the equipment with your contact information) and post it on our "parent information" bulletin board in the waiting room at our Oshawa or Ajax sites.
Grandview does not provide equipment repairs or maintenance.
Other options for equipment you no longer need:
- Advocare Canada - contact Advocare to arrange donations of used equipment in good condition
- Canadian Red Cross - Children's Medical Equipment Recycling & Loan Service (CMERLS) > as of December 2012, the Durham Region branch is currently only accepting adaptive equipment for adults > more info about CMERLS
- Freecycle Durham Region - all items posted online are "recycled" for free
- Kijiji - local online classified ads
- Zach's List - online pediatric equipment exchange source
Please note that Grandview Children’s Centre does not endorse these organizations.
Updated: April 17, 2013